Biblefood.com is "Printer Friendly"
Last updated: Sep 23, 2013
Post/Read Comments Here
What's New: Is the Bible "inspired"?
7. What does "God is a Trinity" mean ?
God is revealed in Scripture as an Eternal Triune being (Trinity) 1 Jn 5:7. One God, revealed in three persons:
--- First person = Father, the eternal planner, sustainer, and provider.
--- Second person = The Son, the eternal revealed or manifest person. The visible image of the infinite and invisible God. Only the second person can be seen, 2 Cor 4:4, Col 1:13-17, and Col 2:9.
--- Third Person = The Holy Spirit, our teacher, the infinite, eternal power of God, God in action.
God is Spirit Jn 4:24, Not "A Spirit", one of many spirits, but in the Greek, He IS SPIRIT. God is omnipresent, there is no place in the universes that He does not fill.
Rom 1:20 states that the invisible things of Him are clearly seen, by observing the things that God made, even His eternal power and deity! WOW! The invisible things of Him are clearly seen, by observing the creation? YES. I became very excited as I believed this verse and began, to some extent, to understand it.
I'm sure we have all contemplated infinity. That boggles the most scientific mind, and tells us of the infinite nature of God. Is time just a circle? What is outside the circle? Another circle? No end to space? We can't comprehend that. If there is an end to space, what is on the other side of it? Lets take a look at some Trinity illustrations:
ILLUSTRATIONS OF THE TRINITY IN NATURE:
THE PHYSICAL UNIVERSE:
Our universe itself is a three in one trinity.
1. Space. Infinite. Relates to the Father.
2. Mass. Visible. Relates to the Son.
3. Time. Animates the universe. Relates to the Holy Spirit.
Time is a three in one entity.
1. Future. Relates to the Father, the planner and the plan.
2. Present. The only visible manifestation of time. Relates to the Son.
3. Past. We should learn a lot from it. What would we know without it? Relates to our teacher, the Holy Spirit.
If you understand a little about electricity, you will see it has a three in one nature.
1. Potential. (volts) Can't be seen or felt until there is a path for current flow, but the power is available. Relates to the Father.
2. Path or load. (ohms) The power becomes manifest, or visible, whether it is the movement of a needle or digits on a meter, or the electric appliances in our home. Relates to the Son.
3. Current. (amps) Electricity in action. Relates to the Holy Spirit.
Light is light, right? Yes, but it has three characteristics that relate directly to the Trinity.
1. Actinic. The quality of light that is neither seen nor felt but makes the plants grow. Relates to the Father.
2. Luminiferious. The quality that can be seen and felt. Relates to the Son.
3. Calorific. The quality that cannot be seen, but can be felt. Relates to the Holy Spirit.
Now we can start to see what God's Word means when it says we are created in the "image of God". Man is a triune being also:
1. Soul. Neither seen nor felt, but contains our databank that makes us who we are. Relates to the Father.
2. Body. Our manifestation. You can see it and feel it. Relates to the Son.
3. Spirit. You can neither see nor feel our spirit, just like God's Spirit.
Can you think of more illustrations from nature? Let me know .
The "Trinity" in the New Testament:
Matt. 28:19 The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
John 14:26 The Father sends the Holy Spirit, in the Name of Jesus.
John 15:26 again, the Father sends the Holy Spirit, in the Name of Jesus.
1 Peter 1:2, Elect by the Father, sanctified by the Holy Spirit, and sprinkled by the blood of Jesus.
1 Cor. 12:4,5, & 6 Diversities of gifts by the "Spirit", differences of administrations by the same "Lord", and diversities of operations, but it is the same "God" who worketh all in all.
1 John 5:7&8, Three that bare witness in heaven, the "Father", the "Word" and the "Holy Spirit", and these three are one.
There is also a neat similarity to the Trinity, in the way electricity came into our homes, when we had telephone poles:
--- The power generating station is like the Father. It has the potential, the controls and the power regulation.
--- The power transformer, on the pole, outside the home, is like the Son. Hung on a pole for our benefit.
--- The electric current that comes into the home through the transformer provides LIGHT, WARMTH, and COMFORT. Just like the Holy Spirit.
Without the transformer on the pole, the full force of the electric current would surge into the home and destroy it.
Thank you Father for Jesus!
The grace of the LORD Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit, [be] with you all. Amen. 2 Cor. 13:14